Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Santouka

My very second blog post shall continue to be dedicated to the love of my life - RAMEN! :D
Another ramen place that I like to frequent is Santouka, at The Central, Clarke Quay.

adapted from google images

Soup: They have 4 types of flavours to choose from - Shio (salt), Shoyu (soy sauce), Miso (soybean paste), and Kara-Miso (spicy soybean paste). All sounds salty eh? I always go for the Shio flavour and although it's the salt flavour, it was not as salty as I expected, just perfect for my taste. 

Noodles: Springy, QQ, smooth. I really like them!

Ingredients: As can be seen in the photo above, pork slices, black fungus, bamboo shoots and naruto (:D)! The pork slices were tasty and well-simmered, but not the melt-in-mouth type (see my post on Ippudo). Good for those who prefers more texture and chewing. Lastly, not to forget, Spring onion and Sesame seed! The smallest ingredient inside but brings the fragrance of the bowl of tonkotsu ramen to a higher level!

Ambience: Clean and neat. Tables were quite closely set so that means the table beside you can hear your conversation?

hungrygowhere.com

The MUST TRY and SPECIALTY of Santouka - Pig Cheek ramen! As the name suggest, the pork slices here are from the cheek area, and is especially tender. Highly recommended! It is also quite novel as you don't see this anywhere else. Meat serving for the pig cheek ramen is also quite big as it comes with a lot more pork slices than that in the usual ramen. With that, the price is of course more than that of the usual ramen.. 

I've heard that they have limitation for the number of bowls of pig cheek ramen to be sold per day, reason being the cheek portion is rare as there is only a small amount from each pig. However, I've tried walking in to order during dinner time and I'm still able to get it, so I'm not sure how true (about the limitation for number of bowls) that is.


No comments:

Post a Comment